- A Cappella (max 2 groups per school)
- Voice with Instrumental Accompaniment (no CD players, etc.) (max 2 groups per school)
- Singing and Dancing (max 2 groups per school)
- Levels I and II
- Up to 4 performances per school, 2 in each level.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded in each of the 3 categories for Levels I and II
- Level I is for beginners (German 1 & 2). Level II is for intermediate and advanced students (German 3+).
- Presentation: An individual German song or a medley.
- Singing and dancing category performance may use props, costumes, and student accompaniment, but no sound systems. (See Karaoke contest for electronic accompaniment). Must stay within setup and performance time limit.
- Setup time: 3 minutes; Performance time: 1-3 minutes.
- Group size: 1-5 participants.
- Judging criteria include: sound quality, musicality, clarity/diction, memory and smoothness, expressiveness, dramatic interpretation. Singing and Dancing category also include originality/creativity and overall performance for costumes and dance routine.
Songs will be running from 9:30-12:30pm in room 3411. At the registration desk groups will sign up for a time slot to perform their songs. Please do not forget to sign up for a slot when you register in the morning.